We are recruiting for an HR Manager to lead our HR discipline. You will be involved in everything from the management of day-to-day HR operations through to embedding company values, driving employee engagement, and delivering on strategic objectives.
We need you!
You will be a HR expert, who is focused on ensuring a best-practice approach to ensure that recruitment, training and development is consistently applied by directors and line managers across all areas of the business.
Your day job
A day in the life of the HR Manager means that two days will never be the same, however, typically you will:
- Understand our key business and people priorities, contributing and leading on developing a people strategy that is both relevant and achievable
- Consult widely and collaborate with the leadership team to deliver a best-practice service, and gain broad insight of the company’s goals and challenges
- Advise on recruitment and selection strategies, and manage the recruitment and new starter induction processes
- Support and coach line managers in effective team performance management
- Ensure training and personal development plans are consistently delivered across all areas of the business
- Ensure regular internal communications around all aspects of employee experience
- Lead our engagement with Best Companies, including staff involvement in the survey and execution of resultant improvement plans
- Demonstrate and apply strong HR technical understanding of policies and processes
- Lead on the management of Employee Relations cases, including grievance, disciplinary, performance investigations and hearings
- Monitor, review and update HR policies, procedures and document templates in line with current legislation and best practice
- Ensure Human Resources matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements, best practice and precedent
- CIPD qualified with relevant advisory experience in role
- Proven HR generalist experience within a SME, ideally in a marketing services
- Experience of developing and executing a people strategy to enhance employee engagement, including training and development, retention, wellbeing, diversity, compensation and recognition
- Confident in working with business leaders on their people strategy – and able to influence, guide and challenge where needed
- Strong ability to build excellent working relationships within the business and to be a trusted advisor
- Experience of change management, engagement, managing others and leading a team (ideally some experience of managing people remotely and supporting through coaching)
- Can confidently present, coach and advise line managers on best practice people management
- Maintain a professional and positive image in the face of obstacles, complexity and times of change
- Ability to deal with complex or sensitive situations
- Good working knowledge of MS packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Competitive starting salary including a yearly performance related pay review
- 25 days annual leave (3 to be taken over Christmas) plus UK bank holidays
- A structured, tailored personal development process (PDP) including regular training sessions from internal and external subject leaders
- LinkedIn Learning subscription providing access to over 13,000 courses and financial support to pursue external qualifications, if required
- Health and wellbeing package – Revere Boost, including private healthcare and discounts on gym membership, spa usage and wearables
- A WorkAnywhere Scheme, allowing complete flexibility of your preferred working location. In addition, you are provided hot-desking and full office facilities in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- A workplace pension scheme
Sound like the perfect fit? Fill in your details below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Not the right role for you? Check out our other vacancies here.